Jacqueline May Designs (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation, the “controller” is Jackie Freer of Jacqueline May Designs. She can be contacted at Jackie@JacquelineMayDesigns.com or on 0116 318 4113.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, as follows:
- When you send us an enquiry: first name, last name, email address, phone number, postal address, and the details of your enquiry.
- When you place an order with us: first name, last name, email address, phone number, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering.
- When you sign up to our newsletter: first name, email address.
- When you visit our website: Anonymous IP address (We only use your IP anonymously to see general data. We do not collect personal data here but have included this for clarification)
This is the minimum information that we need from you so that we can handle your enquiry, process your order or send you our newsletter. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
You may give us your personal data when corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, at the point that you:
- Send us an enquiry
- Place an order with us
- Subscribe to our newsletter
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances, and on the following lawful bases:
- Where we have entered into a contract with you (i.e to handle your enquiry or process your order).
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- When explicit consent is given (e.g. Where you have signed up for our newsletter)
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
WHEN WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We shall not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent. However to fulfill our contract with you or send you our newsletter, we shall share your personal data with the following third parties:
- E-commerce platform wordpress.com
- Email service provider and website hosting www.siteground.uk
- Cloud storage provider www.sync.com
- Delivery Service www.royalmail.com and www.upstoday.com
- Payment processor www.paypal.com (online) https://sumup.co.uk (events)
- Newsletter https://mailchimp.com
We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirements, enforce our terms and conditions, or any other agreement we enter into with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business and other customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your data may be stored on site (both electronically and has hardcopy) and off site with a third party (as listed above). We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
How long we store your personal information depends upon the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it
We shall not keep your personal information for any longer than necessary to fulfill our obligations to you or to meet our legitimate business interests or legal requirements.
- Where you have signed up to our newsletter, we shall contact you every 2 years from the date on which you originally gave your consent to ensure that you still wish to be contacted in this way.
- Where you have contacted us regarding a purchase enquiry, we shall hold any data for a period of 6 mths from the date of any final correspondence.
- Where you have placed an order with us, we shall hold all data for a period of 6 mths. After which only data needed to meet legal requirements will be retained.
We use third party software on our website to collect data on our behalf. This software uses your IP anonymously to see general data. We do not track, collect or store any personal data here.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- to request that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (“Access Request”);
- to request that we rectify any information we hold about you (“Right to Rectification”);
- to request that we erase any information we hold about you (“Right to be Forgotten”);
- to restrict the level of processing we carry out with your information (“Restriction of Processing”);
- to obtain from us all personal data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable form, and have this information transmitted to another organisation (“Data Portability”);
- to object to our processing your information in certain ways (“Right to Object”);
- to withdraw your consent at any time to our processing of your data.
We shall comply with any request made under this section as soon as possible, and normally within one month from the date of your request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). Please note that where we receive requests under this section which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because they are repetitive in nature, we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested or refuse to act on the request.
You can find out more about or exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at Jackie@JacquelineMayDesigns.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy in any way with how we treat your personal information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Visitor Analytics is a simple website analytics service which measures the traffic and visitors’ general details of the customers’ websites. Collecting these statistics, a website can make their visitors’ experience better (e.g. which pages they visit and when, where they are approximately located, where does a user land first or if they are coming from a specific referral).
Basically, as a website owner using Visitor Analytics, we are using cookies to collect data about visitors’ device type and screen size, approximate location, browser, OS, IPs, page visits, bounce rate, conversions and popular content on the website. All this data is pseudonymized and Visitor Analytics will never use the collected data to identify individual users or to match it with additional information on an individual user. Each visitor has control over the cookies placement.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish by checking your browser settings on each device – for details, see aboutcookies.org.